Tuition Remission Award Program
The 2020 Tuition Remission application deadline has been extended to June 1st. After June 1st, we will email all applicants with further audition information.
Summer Music Clinic registrants who are completing their junior year at a Wisconsin high school, are permanent legal residents of Wisconsin, and attending the Summer Music Clinic in 2020 are eligible to audition for the Tuition Remission Award Program. This program recognizes exceptional musical talent by awarding 10 students a tuition-free undergraduate college education at UW-Madison or UW-Milwaukee. Students may audition in voice or on a brass, woodwind, percussion, or string instrument. (Note: Piano and guitar are not included in this award at this time.) The preliminary audition round will take place June 28, 2020, and the final round is on July 1, 2020.
Please note that the SMC 2020 Tuition Remission Auditions will still happen this summer. We are working to partner with the UW–Madison Mead Witter School of Music and others to create a quality virtual audition system for all. Continue to prepare materials as planned. We will be in touch with applicants to provide more information in the upcoming weeks.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the Music Clinic Tuition Remission application form.
- Submit transcript of high school records that documents class standing and grade point average.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one each from:
- High school principal or guidance counselor (This letter should address the applicant’s potential to maintain required grade point average)
- High school music director or private music teacher
- Transcripts and recommendation letters may be sent under separate cover.
- Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘TUITION REMISSION APPLICATION’ in the subject line, or send via post to:
Coordinator, Summer Music Clinic
21 N Park Street, 7th floor
Madison, WI 53715
2020 SMC Tuition Remission Requirements – UPDATED May 12, 2020