Tuition Remission Award Program
Summer Music Clinic registrants who are completing their junior year at a Wisconsin high school, are permanent legal residents of Wisconsin, and attending the Summer Music Clinic in 2019 are eligible to audition for the Tuition Remission Award Program. This program recognizes exceptional musical talent by awarding 10 students a tuition-free undergraduate college education at UW-Madison or UW-Milwaukee. Students may audition in voice or on a brass, woodwind, percussion, or string instrument. (Note: Piano and guitar are not included in this award at this time.) The preliminary audition round will take place June 23, 2019, and the final round is on June 26, 2019.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the Music Clinic Tuition Remission application form.
- Submit transcript of high school records that documents class standing and grade point average.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one each from:
- High school principal or guidance counselor (This letter should address the applicant’s potential to maintain required grade point average)
- High school music director or private music teacher
- Transcripts and recommendation letters may be sent under separate cover.
- Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘TUITION REMISSION APPLICATION’ in the subject line, or send via post to: Coordinator, Summer Music Clinic
21 N Park Street, 7359
Madison, WI 53715
Application and materials must be received no later than Monday, May 20, 2019, at 11:59pm.